Meet Lily Morgan, SGA President

September 16, 2024

Each year, an SGA President is elected to work with members of the Student Senate and the Worcester State community to ensure that WSU is serving the needs of all its students. This year, Lily Morgan is serving as SGA President.

Class of 2025, Criminal Justice & Psychology, minor in Philosophy
Hometown | Paxton, MA
Campus Involvement | Student Senate, Criminal Justice Club, Tour Guide, CJ Department clerical assistant, Orientation Leader, Presidential Student Ambassador, 2025 Class Committee, Honors Program

Lily Morgan, SGA President

Can you describe the role of the SGA President? What do they do for the student body?
The SGA President is the face of the Senate and oversees its operation. The SGA President is often the voice of the student body to the administration as well, sharing concerns and ideas that they gathered from the Senate meetings. The SGA President is there for the students. 

What are some goals you hope to accomplish while in this position?
I hope to increase student engagement on campus, both with our student organizations and within our administration. Through this, I hope to increase the student voice within important conversations on our campus.

What are some of the challenges you could face in this position?
I foresee that recruitment will be a challenge, as it has been a recurring challenge in all student organizations post-pandemic. 

What do you hope your fellow students remember about you?
I hope my fellow students will remember me being a friendly face on campus. Someone that they were not afraid to share their concerns with and that I helped them with their issues. As a student leader on campus, I want to be able to help the students to the best of my ability and hope to be remembered for this. 

What advice would you give to students just beginning to explore the type of leader they hope to become?
Get involved on campus. Go to a club meeting or an event, get to know other students there. You do not need to be involved in everything to make an impact on campus. Just going to a club meeting and participating is impacting that club for the better.

What are your current plans for the next few years?
I am attending law school. I am not exactly sure where yet, but I am currently in my application process, so we will see during the year where I end up going.

Tags: