Keys and OneCard Access
WSU Key Distribution
The Worcester State University Police issue keys for the lower campus buildings, off-campus properties, academic, facilities, and the student center only. All Residence Hall keys are issued and maintained by the Residence Life staff. The following is the key issuance and return policy:
- To request a key, please email Lieutenant Daniel Devine at email@example.com and specify the reason for a key, replacement of hardware, or repair. The Department Chair or Director of the area in which the key is being requested must be the one to approve the request and send the email.
- If repairs or hardware replacement is required, the locksmith vendor is contacted and a service date is scheduled.
- Once the keys are received, individual orders, or hardware replacements are completed, the “requestor” is contacted by the university police. The individual who will be assigned the “new” key must come to the university police in person to sign for the key. No designees will be allowed to pick up orders for persons who will possess the key.
- Information associated with the key such as person assigned, location, lock number, and amount of keys issued will be entered into a database at the university police department. This database will be updated and maintained by Lieutenant Daniel Devine or designee.
- Lost keys must be reported immediately to the university police via email to Lieutenant Daniel Devine.
- When a person terminates his employment with Worcester State University it will be the responsibility of Human Resources to obtain and document all property belonging to the university including keys prior to the last paycheck being distributed.
- The returned keys will be given back to university police for re-distribution.
WSU OneCard Access
The WSU Police Department activates/deactivates access programmed to a person's WSU OneCard. To request access be added or removed:
- The Department Chair or Supervisor should send an email to Deputy Dan Morse at firstname.lastname@example.org or Emergency Coordinator, David St.Martin at email@example.com and provide the employee's name and the door to which access is required.
- Upon review, the access will be added electronically to the person's OneCard and a confirmation email will be sent. Please allow up to 48 hours for access to be adjusted.