Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Poetry Contest Entry Form
- The poetry contest is open to seventh through 12th grades only. Poems must be based on the principles and goals of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and around non-violence, unity, equality, and ending racism and discrimination. Poems should highlight Dr. King's life, actions, and achievements.
- All online entries will be automatically emailed to Dorothy Hargrove at email@example.com. If you have a question about submitting online, please contact us at 508-929-8049.
- You may also download a PDF of the entry form. (You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.)
- All entries must be submitted no later than December 2, 2013.
- Each winner will receive a gift certifcate. Winners must be at the Breakfast in order to obtain the prize.
- Poems must not exceed 200 words.
- Entries will be judged on creativity, originality and style.
- Poems should answer one or all of these three questions:
- What have you done in your community to make "Dr. King's Dream" come true?
- What changes still need to be made to achieve "Dr. King's Dream?"
- What does "Dr. King's Dream" mean to you?