Master's Degree and CAGS Graduates
Dear 2012-2013 Master’s/CAGS Graduate,
In celebration of your academic achievements, the Graduate School of Worcester State University invites you to participate in Commencement and Hooding 2013, on Monday, May 13, 2013. This momentous event will consist of a dinner, beginning at 5 p.m. in the Temple Emanuel Auditorium*, 280 May Street, followed by a 7 p.m. Commencement and Hooding ceremony in the Worcester State University, Sullivan Auditorium, 486 Chandler Street.*Temple Emanuel is located directly across from the Worcester State University South Entrance.
During the Commencement and Hooding Ceremony, coordinators and department chairs will hood students in their department, and Graduate School medals will be awarded to the highest ranking graduate of each program. We hope that both August 2012 and December 2012 graduates will return to campus and participate in this event along with the May 2013 graduates. Click here for a list of graduates.
Master's Degree and CAGS Graduate Checklist
Important Dinner, Commencement
and Hooding Information
● Cost: free to all graduates, $18 for guests 10 and older, and $13 for guests 9 and younger.
● Students should RSVP in person to the Graduate Office. Students unable to RSVP in person must complete and mail the Dinner RSVP Form. Payment must be in the form of a check payable to Worcester State University and received in the Graduate Office, no later than 3 p.m., April 25.
● Graduates will have a 6-guest limit for the dinner through April 15. After April 15, any remaining seats will be released and available to students on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact the Graduate Office for availability after April 15. (There is no guest limit to the 7 p.m. Commencement and Hooding ceremony.)
● At 6:15 p.m., students (with their cap and gown) will proceed to the roadway directly in front of the Library, which will signal the start of the Commencement and Hooding processional. Graduates participating only in the Commencement and Hooding ceremony should also arrive at this time. In case of inclement weather, students will gather in Sullivan Building Classrooms, 101-103.
Important Cap and Gown Information
● Cap and gown order forms must be completed in the Graduate Office. The cost is $23.44 for Master’s degree graduates and $27.10 for graduates in the CAGS program. Payment must be in the form of a check made payable to University Cap and Gown. All students must have a cap and gown in order to participate in the ceremony.
● The deadline to order cap and gowns for home delivery was March 27.
● No exceptions to the deadline will be made for orders being placed through the Graduate Office.
● Late cap and gown orders placed after March 27 must be placed directly with University Cap and Gown and will be charged a $10.00 late fee and $13.50 home delivery charge. University Cap and Gown: 978-686-4566
Cap and gown orders will be available for pick up in the Graduate Office on May 1. Pick up of cap and gown orders may only be done by the graduate or other authorized person. Contact the Graduate Office if you will be requesting an authorized person to pick up your cap and gown. A photo ID will be required by all individuals picking up orders.
Priority Seating for People with Disabilities
The Disability Services Office (DSO) is coordinating priority seating for your guests who have a disability, such as mobility, hearing or vision impairments. We will distribute up to five DSO priority-seating tickets to each graduate so that your family/friends may sit together. In order to receive these tickets, you must contact Fran Manocchio, director of the DSO, at email@example.com or 508-929-8238. She will need your name, the names of your guests, the nature of disability (to ensure proper seating), and a phone number where you can be reached.
The tickets will be available on Wednesday, May 1, 2013. You may go to the Disability Services Office in the Helen G. Shaughnessy Administration Building, Room 131 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.), or if you prefer, we can mail the tickets to you. Please indicate your preference when you contact Fran. When you receive your tickets, you will also get instructions detailing any pertinent logistics with your tickets.
Congratulations on your achievement!!
Please feel free to contact Carol Neylon at 508-929-8125 or Karen Brammer at 508-929-8127 if you have any questions.