Clinical Course Requirements
for both Track One and Track Two:
Prior to registering for a clinical practicum course, students must submit written verification of:
1. Complete physical examination — updated annually — form available from Nursing Department Secretary (508-929-8129),
2. Documentation of an initial 2-step tuberculin skin test (TST) is required first year, then an annual TST. A TST can be obtained through the Worcester State University Student Health Service — follow up x-rays may be required,
3. Varicella titre level or 2 doses of Varicella vaccine,
4. Two (2) MMR (measles [rubeola], mumps and rubella) vaccines, or titre levels for each (measles, mumps, and rubella).
5. One dose of tetanus-diptheria vaccine administered within 10 years,
6. Series of three vaccinations for Hepatitis B and titre level,
7. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) (Adult and Child) for the healthcare provider/professional rescuer certification must be maintained throughout the program,
8. CORI, SORI and/or drug screening may be required by health care agencies,
9. H1N1/flu immunizations may be required by health care agencies,
10. In addition to the above requirements, RN students must submit a photocopy of an unencumbered MA Nursing license,
11. Professional liability insurance is renewed annually provided by Worcester State Universtiy.